Title: Maintenance TechnicianLocation
: Barrington, NJShift:
3:00PM - 11:30PM (maybe later-OT possible)Pay
: 10 paid holidays; Longevity bonus equal to 80 hours of work after 1 year of serviceSpecific Responsibilities:
- Repairs/installs/maintains machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Repairs/maintains mechanical/hydraulic and pneumatic components of machines.
- Diagnoses sources of trouble.
- Dismantles machinery to perform repairs, detect wear, misalignment and other problems.
- Replaces broken or defective parts.
- May prepare written specifications for major repairs or production of parts; makes up bill of materials, selects proper materials, tools and equipment and completes requisitions for same.
- Reassembles machines, makes all necessary adjustments and tests operations.
- Knowledge of machine theory, electronics, hydraulics, pneumatics, pipefitting and machine design.
- Knowledge of both Gas and Diesel powered engines and drive train.
- Knowledge of machinery and support systems according to manufacturer's guidelines/specifications/manuals.
- Must be able to maintain a preventive maintenance program.
- Previous industrial maintenance technician or mechanic experience required
- Documented training to include welding, and/or completion of an approved apprenticeship program or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Must be able to read blueprints and schematics
- Must be able to operate hand or power fork lift in performing duties.
- Attention to Detail: MT need to make clean lines and cuts when welding. Paying attention to the job at hand is necessary.
- Dexterity: MT needs to be steady during work with hands.
- Strength: Repair procedures often requires need to lift, position, and hold heavy pieces of metal and parts in place during repair.
- Stamina: Workload dictates long hours on feet, often in hot conditions.
Elite Staffing, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our policy of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train and promote persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, handicap or any other protected status.