: Maintenance TechnicianLocation
: Chicago, ILShift:
1st; 7AM - 3:30PM; OT as neededPay
: Temporary (3 months)Maintenance Technician Job Duties:
Maintenance Technician Job Requirements:
- Assist with the plant preventive maintenance program for mechanical and electrical equipment
- Function as shift mechanic to troubleshoot and repair equipment (including forklifts)
- Perform basic electrical troubleshooting and repairs
- Train plant personnel to assist in basic maintenance and PMs
- Assist with spare parts inventory - determine and manage stocking levels
- Order parts as needed from local vendors and catalogues
- Clean and change pneumatic valves on optical sorting machines
- Change belts and idler pulleys on trough-style conveyors
- Weld and fabricate, patch holes in steel chutes and transitions
- Champion Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Advanced mechanical maintenance skills
- 480vAC/3/60 electrical troubleshooting
- Strong welding and fabrication skills
- Basic computer skills
- PLC experience, a plus
- Experience with mechanical conveyors
- Rigging of motors, conveyor pulleys, and other heavy components
- Problem solving
- Good communications skills - bilingual English/Spanish, a plus
- Lean Manufacturing experience, a plus
- Glass processing knowledge, a plus
- Ability to communicate in English and Spanish language.
All Offers of Employment Are Contingent Upon the Successful Completion of a Criminal Background Check and Pre-Employment Drug Screen.
- Ability to occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- 50% bend, stoop, twist, reach, and climb steps.
- Up to 75% walking or standing required.
- Employee is regularly required to use hands to handle tools, machinery equipment, welding equipment, and large and small mechanical parts, regular fine hand manipulation, and may be required to write and type on a computer keyboard
Elite Staffing, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our policy of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train and promote persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, handicap or any other protected status.