Shipping & Receiving ClerkPosition Summary:
Essential to this Position:
- Assembles orders and prepares goods for shipment. Records
- Completes shipping reports. Shipment data, including weight, charges, and space availability'
Education & Experience:
- Responsible to make arrangements for pick-up by the carrier specified on the customers purchase order which is conveyed to the shipping clerk by final inspection via the shipping instructions.
- Responsible for creating labels for the paper work received from customer service representatives and to call the carrier company and make arrangements f0r pick-up by the carrier.
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Confer with managers to ensure coordination of production lines and finished product,
- Responsible for coordination of product completion and shipments on a timely basis.
- Complete and oversee paperwork for accuracy, copy bills for shipping record keeping and return the original bills to the customer service representatives.
- Responsible for coordination of product completion and shipments on a timely basis by logging and inventory of the shipment and keeping a running total of the shipments.
- Resolve customer service issues with the client and carriers.
Skills & Experience:
- Education Required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Education Desired
- Associate's Degree
Knowledge, Skills, Or Abilities Desired:
- Work Experience Required
- Some relevant experience required
Position 2nd 2:00pm-11:30
- Knowledge of and ability to use and influence organization's policies, standards and procedures guiding manufacturing process
- Knowledge of strategies and tools for controlling and optimizing the factors that lie between the purchase of raw materials and delivery of finished products
- Ability to effectively manage the business relationship and transactions with the suppliers of raw materials or product components
- Knowledge of issues and considerations for effectively managing local or distributed inventories of raw materials, work in progress and finished goods
- Knowledge of the processes, tools and operational considerations for effective and efficient movement of goods and materials throughout the manufacturing cycle
- Knowledge of the day-to-day operations of a manufacturing plant or facility
Pay rate $13.00-14.00/hr DOE
Elite Staffing, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our policy of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train and promote persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, handicap or any other protected status.