Location: New Berlin, WI
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Education: Not Specified
TITLE: Welder (Non-Certified)
LOCATION: New Berlin, WI
SHIFT: 3RD; Overnight
PAY: $14.00 - $18.00/HR
TERMS: Temp to Hire
OBJECTIVE: This position is responsible for the lay out, fit, fabrication and welding of metal components by applying appropriate welding techniques and customer related specifications. To meet these requirements there will be use of hand tools, clamps, jigs and fixtures.
Welder Job Duties:
* Starts power supply to produce electric current.
* Positions and clamps components together or assembles them in jig or fixture.
* Tacks assemblies or component parts together.
* Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead position
* Cleans and degreases weld joint or workplace.
* Chips of excess welds, slag and spatter.
* Positions and clamps together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding
* High school education or GED; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to read limited two- and three- syllable word and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
* Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
* Ability to perform these operations using units of measurement, volume, and distance.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must wear special welding mask, gloves, and apron.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Elite Staffing, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our policy of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train and promote persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, handicap or any other protected status.